Friday, December 24, 2010

Totally-Subjective-Movie-Awards, 2010

Best movie: “Exit Through the Gift Shop”
#2 movie: “The Social Network”
#3 movie: “The Illusionist”
#4 movie: “Inception”
#5 movie: “The Secret in their Eyes”
Honorable mention: "The King's Speech"
Honorable mention: “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World”
Honorable mention: “Winnebago Man”

Great, but I feel like I’ve seen it before: “Toy Story 3”
Great, but I feel like I’ve seen it before: “Let Me In”
Great, but I feel like I need to see it again: "True Grit"

More funny than my low expectations: “MacGruber”
Less funny than my low expectations: “Get Him to the Greek”
Better than my expectations, still overrated: “How to Train Your Dragon”
Worse than my expectations, still overrated: “Iron Man 2”

Pretty sure I saw it, but I barely remember: “Robin Hood”
Pretty sure I saw it, but I barely remember: “Alice in Wonderland”

Very very very overrated: “The Town”
Very very overrated: “Shutter Island”
Very overrated: “Cyrus”
Slightly underrated: “The Other Guys”

#1 movie I wish I saw: “Best Worst Movie”
#2 movie I wish I saw: “Winter’s Bone”
#3 movie I wish I saw: “127 Hours”
#4 movie I wish I saw: “Animal Kingdom”
#5 movie I wish I saw: “Catfish”
Honorable mention: “Going the Distance” (just scenes with Charlie Day)

Best movie theater-going experience: “The Room” (Midnight showing)
Best movie from another year that I saw in theaters: “Metropolis” (Complete cut)
Best movie from another year that I saw on DVD: “There Will Be Blood”
Worst anything from anytime and any place ever: “Battle in Heaven"

Sorry, I still don't love: “Children of Men”
Sorry, I still don't love: “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”
Saw it for the first time and I have no idea why anybody likes: “Heat”

TV that I watched which was better than any movie I saw: “The Wire”
TV that I watched which was better than any movie I saw: “Breaking Bad”
TV show that now seems a lot worse in comparison to those: “Dexter”

Why: “Yogi Bear”

No comments:

Post a Comment