Tuesday, April 30, 2013

McSweeney's: Rude Goldberg Contraptions

I wrote a new McSweeney's article, inspired by how annoyed I get whenever I see "Rude Goldberg Contraption" or "Rude Goldberg Machine" instead of "Rube Goldberg Contraption" or "Rube Goldberg Machine." Thanks for the inspiration, typos!

(My secret dream is that some crazy person out there builds one of these and posts video of it to YouTube)




Past McSweeney's articles:

"I Dance Like I Have Two Left Feet": The heartbreaking story of a man who can't dance or play soccer or run, but is a thumbwrestling/Scrabble champion.

"This Standoff Has Gone On Long Enough": Cops and robbers and part-time magicians.

"Beyond the 4th Wall": As a  limited-time offer, you can get this one in easy-to-read list-form. Act now!

More of my older humor essays: Interventions for friends who are beginning to look like submarine captains, instructions for fun and games to play after someone loses an eye, tales of camping trips gone horribly wrong, lists of seafood, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment